If you’ve decided to homeschool your child, it can be a daunting prospect. Whatever the reason – academic underachievement, a lack of places at your preferred school here in Singapore or a medical condition, for example, it’s a big responsibility. And even if homeschooling might only be for a short time, moving into the role of your child’s teacher can be stressful if you’ve never done it before.
Am I teaching this correctly? Is my child meeting their full potential? Should I push harder? Do I need to pull back? Is my child where they need to be? How do I keep them interested and engaged?
With homeschooling a considerable change for both you as a parent and your child, enlisting the support of a professional tutoring service can be invaluable. This is not you passing the buck; it’s being aware that sometimes it’s difficult as a parent to homeschool. Employing a home tuition service removes the pressure of having to teach your children alone, safe in the knowledge that your child is getting the qualified and expert help they need.
Here are the 11 key reasons why a home tutor can help with your homeschooling journey.
- Time – finding the time to teach can be challenging, especially with the demands of creating engaging learning programmes, the administrative aspects and keeping up with all your other family, work and personal commitments. Engaging a tutor will help alleviate this time pressure.
- Learning plans and resources – it’s demanding trying to ensure that your child has adequate academic resources and the high-quality teaching they need – as well as making it engaging! A home tutor will work with you to do this and perfectly tailor it to your child’s needs, taking into consideration their academic experience, personality, and learning style.
- Extra teaching boost – it may be that you need support with a few subjects you are not as confident in, e.g. maths, science, literature. Home tuition by an external tutor qualified in that subject will help, while also augmenting your child’s knowledge and exposing them to other teaching styles.
- Relationship saving – often homeschooling your child can put significant strain on your relationship as the lines become blurred between being a teacher and a parent. Having a tutor helps dispel any growing tension and prevent any possibility of a change or deterioration in the relationship.
- Bringing a new perspective – there are times that, as a homeschool parent, you will need help with a subject that your child is having trouble grasping. Bringing a different approach or explanation often helps.
- Bring new tools – having a private tutor brings skills and tools that will enhance what they already know and often elevate it.
- Comfortable setting – tutors will teach your child in their most comfortable environment – at home.
- The right tutor – you can choose a tutor that suits your child’s personality and learning style. And lessons can be customised according to your child’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Honing future skills – education is more than just high grades; it’s about cultivating healthy study habits, taking ownership of work, and following through with goals. A homeschool tutor will help teach your child on how to use their skills well beyond the classroom.
- Advice – a homeschooling tutor will be able to provide great advice when it comes to the best way to approach homeschooling to maximise positive development.
- Working together – the one-to-one setting of a homeschooling tuition session means that your child is guaranteed the undivided attention of their tutor. You and your tutor will work together to decide what your child studies, when they study and how long they study for.
Homeschooling can be an exciting and unique approach to your child’s learning, whether in the long or short term. Just ensure that as a parent, you employ a home tutor’s services, like ours at Boutique Education, if you need it. It will help support your journey and ensure that the whole experience is beneficial for both you and your child.
Boutique Education is a leading tuition company in Singapore providing bespoke and personalised home and online tuition to children and adults. Please contact us https://boutiqueeducation.asia/contact/ to find out more.
Subscribe to the list to stay in the loop!
Other Posts You May Like...
The summer holidays are fast approaching and after another unsettled past year, thanks to COVID,…
Kids today are witnessing a space revolution, with the Perseverance Rover recently landing on Mars…